The Vortex of Submission is a study designed by colleagues Jim and Jori Manske applying NVC principles and practices in how we submit to life choices. The study focuses on 9 vortexes;
1. How submission and disappointment can lead to a denial of responsibility.
2. How unspoken expectations can lead to demands of others.
3. How resentment leads to the evaluation and diagnosing of others.
4. How rebellion leads to punitive thinking.
5. How guilt, depression, and shame has the opportunity of leading to beneficial regret, an NVC apology.
6. And, how the awareness of perceptual reorientation becomes a turning point in relationships.
This is an in-depth study of patterns conditioned by culture and how we employ them to our deficit rather than to living abundantly.
By the end of the 10th week, you will learn:
How to Transform Have To's to Choose To; Turn Demands into Requests; Employ the Practice of Self Empathy (no longer denying responsibility); Transform Enemy Images; Distinguish the Difference Between Punitive and Protective Use of Force Choices; and Learn the Art of Beneficial Regret.
WHEN: The 10 Week Course begins THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 1 and ends APRIL 5. (Due to spring breaks, there is the possibility of adding dates.)
TIME: 6:30 P.M. - 8:30 P.M.
WHERE: LOCATION CHANGED
FEE: 175.00 ( for those attending Mediate Your Life, February 8-12, there is a $50 discount for this course.) See mediateyourlife.com for details. Please contact me: email@example.com for questions how to apply discount. (for anyone needing to arrange financial payments for The Vortex of Submission, please contact me.)
This course will give those considering certification with The Center of Nonviolent Communication 20 face to face hours toward certification!